I designed this really tiny, minimalist font for use on very small
displays. On uGame it lets one see the whole text that CircuitPython
prints on boot. The characters are 4x6 pixels each, and they are
optimized for legibility (large x-height, right angles, blocky shapes).
It might make sense to also use that font in other boards.
Different operations to the display tree have different costs. Be
aware of these costs when optimizing your code.
* Changing tiles indices in a TileGrid will update an area
covering them all.
* Changing a palette will refresh every object that references it.
* Moving a TileGrid will update both where it was and where it moved to.
* Adding something to a Group will refresh each individual area it
* Removing things from a Group will refresh one area that covers all
previous locations. (Not separate areas like add.)
* Setting a new top level Group will refresh the entire display.
Only TileGrid moves are optimized for overlap. All other overlaps
cause sending of duplicate pixels.
This also adds flip_x, flip_y and transpose_xy to TileGrid. They
change the direction of the pixels but not the location.
Fixes#1169. Fixes#1705. Fixes#1923.
This is a pull request to add support for uChip into the Circuitpython environment.
We tested the uploaded code and it seems to work with Circuitpython.
If there are any suggestions or changes needed, please let us know!
What is uChip in brief?
A complete USB dev board the size of a narrow 16-DIP package, featuring Atmel SAMD21 Cortex M0+ and onboard switching converters. (OTG compliant and power delivery up to 1A@5V or 3V3).
For more details refer to the ongoing campaign on kickstarter.
Currently boots on board and can connect to REPL,
but does not appear as mountable drive in OS.
Starting REPL gives the following error message:
You are running in safe mode which means something unanticipated happened.
Looks like our core CircuitPython code crashed hard. Whoops!
Please file an issue at https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues
with the contents of your CIRCUITPY drive and this message:
Crash into the HardFault_Handler.
@jerryneedell suggested the pins could be wrong when I told him I was getting reading that didn't change, having corrected the pinout to match the schematic I was given it now works!
ts = adafruit_touchscreen.Touchscreen(board.TOUCH_XL, board.TOUCH_XR,
calibration=((5200, 59000), (5800, 57000)),
p = ts.touch_point
This changes a number of things in displayio:
* Introduces BuiltinFont and Glyph so the built in font can be used by libraries. For boards with
a font it is available as board.TERMINAL_FONT. Fixes#1172
* Remove _load_row from Bitmap in favor of bitmap access. Index can be x/y tuple or overall index. Fixes#1191
* Add width and height properties to Bitmap.
* Add insert and  access to Group. Fixes#1518
* Add index param to pop on Group.
* Terminal no longer takes unicode character info. It takes a BuiltinFont instead.
* Fix Terminal's handling of [###D vt100 commands used when up arrowing into repl history.
* Add x and y positions to Group plus scale as well.
* Add bitmap accessor for BuiltinFont
* Fix Hallowing.
* Fix builds without displayio.
* Fix y bounds that appears as untrollable row of pixels.
* Add scrolling to TileGrid.
* Remove Sprite to save space. TileGrid is a drop in replacement.